You know the time when you sit down, put aside your busy schedule, grab a book, breathe in a fair amount of fresh air and relax.
Summer is here. And then there’s books.
I love books and how easily they can fire up your curiosity and how more and more hungry you get with every page you read.
When time runs according to your own inner clock and you don’t need to run anywhere. Old trees offering you a pleasant shade and a slight breeze freshening up the summer heat. I love it!
Walking in the city center one can’t overlook small colorful armchairs, wooden shelves filled with books, and sometimes a guitar player sitting under the trees and playing along. There are open-air libraries all over Ljubljana every summer.
If you did run into one of the Libraries under the Treetops in Ljubljana, you might have also enjoyed one of the many public readings of prose and poetry.
“This 100% natural and tourist-friendly library invites you to stop and indulge yourself in free outdoor reading. A handy collection of books, newspapers, and magazines of various styles and languages full of stories about Ljubljana, Slovenia, and other dreamlands is waiting for you!”
Sad to say the summer is coming to an end and so did these cute Libraries under the Treetops, just yesterday.
Ah, they will be missed! So long and see you next summer.
Read more interesting articles:
- STRUNJAN – the Most Pristine Part of Slovenian Coast
- One of the Healthiest Waters In the World: Mineral Spring Water in Slovenia
- Hiking is a Way of Life in Slovenia – A Hiking Paradise in Central Europe
- How a Trip to Slovenia Rekindled My Connection to Nature
- Back to Nature – Travel to Northwestern Slovenia
- Cycling in Ljubljana
- Electric Cars Offering Free Rides in Ljubljana
- Library Under the Treetops in Ljubljana
- Where is Ljubljana, Slovenia?
- Why Slovenia is One of the Best Travel Destinations