Today I was sitting in a small quirky cafe and I wondered…What is the first thing that crosses your mind when you wake up?
That very moment you open your eyes and you become aware of yourself and your surroundings.
I guess it makes a difference. Is the thought good or bad? Happy or grumpy? With meaning or completely random? Or are you just too sleepy to over-think and care only to think of what to do with yourself on a practical level?
For me, it certainly depends on the day of the week and what time it is. And of course, if there’s somebody with me or if I’m alone. 🙂
Nevertheless, something is true: Whenever you wake up and think about how thankful you are… you’ve just made yourself a great morning.
Gratitude is a powerful feeling that I try to practice on a daily basis. I even embarked on a one-year project of practicing gratitude that ended up changing my life.
That’s all there is – What we make out of each moment.
Read more inspiring articles:
- Why Taking a Career Break Is Good For You
- A Year of Changes, Growth & Being Bold
- The Pandemic Made Me Re-Evaluate My Life
- Finding Joy in a Simple Life
- STRUNJAN – the Most Pristine Part of Slovenian Coast
- Missing the Good Weather and Being Outdoors
- Cycles of Life and Why Nature is the Best Therapy
- Foraging for Wild Asparagus & Asparagus Frittata Recipe
- How to Forage Dandelion Greens & How to Make a Spring Salad with Wild Edible Flowers
- One of the Healthiest Waters In the World: Mineral Spring Water in Slovenia