Today I was thinking of summer and the long walks we took in a nearby forest. Oh, that scent of the woodland, a magical scent that instantly calms my mind.
While taking the unknown footpaths and wandering around I soak in the colors, sounds, and smells of a forest. The slight breeze feels perfect and the sun is shyly peeking through the leaves. Simply resting my eyes on the lush green colors makes me forget about the busy world out there.
It’s only me and the forest. How beautiful and complete it makes me feel. My mind becomes still.
This is an excerpt from my book A Year of Gratitude. If you would like to read more about my one-year project on practicing gratitude you can find the full version on the link above.
Read more interesting articles:
- Why Taking a Career Break Is Good For You
- A Year of Changes, Growth & Being Bold
- The Pandemic Made Me Re-Evaluate My Life
- Finding Joy in a Simple Life
- STRUNJAN – the Most Pristine Part of Slovenian Coast
- Missing the Good Weather and Being Outdoors
- Cycles of Life and Why Nature is the Best Therapy
- Foraging for Wild Asparagus & Asparagus Frittata Recipe
- How to Forage Dandelion Greens & How to Make a Spring Salad with Wild Edible Flowers
- One of the Healthiest Waters In the World: Mineral Spring Water in Slovenia